Environmentally Friendly Accommodation at Cambridge Hotel
Green star accreditation
is rewarded for commitment to embrace simple, common sense environmental
'good practices' that will deliver real benefits to guests and the
AAA Tourism has awarded Cambridge Hotel with a green star accreditation. The green star is an additional endorsement to our current AAA 4 star rating.
Over 60 % of Australian's are environmentally conscious and have made behavioral changes on support of the sustainable environment.
We at the
Cambridge Hotel have made a commitment to a resource smart,
environmental sustainable policy. We have established a practical
environmental criteria including energy efficiency, waste minimisation
and water management therefore reducing our environmental footprint.
Green star accreditation has been achieved by the implementation of the below.
- Rooms are fitted with energy saving key-tags that switch off lighting on leaving the rooms.
- 99% of all lighting is based on 'energy efficient globes of no more than 15W.
- Our air conditioners use 'inverter technology' which delivers 5 Star energy consumption
- Water flow restrictors to all showers and taps, 8 litres and 6 litres per minute, respectively.
- All toilets have a AAA rating
Waste Minimisation & Management
- We use bio-degradable bin-liners and reuse all bulk containers
- Newspapers are complimentary, but must be ordered in order not to deliver to those rooms which may not want one
- Waste is separated by Paper, Organic [vegetable], Plastic, Glass and General
- Organic [vegetable] waste is treated on premises, it does not go to landfill
- Using recycled / refilled ink cartridges in all compatible printers
- Using non-hazardous chemicals wherever possible
- All enclosed area of the Hotel is now 100 % "Non smoking"
- Recycling of all paper and the introduction of paperless electronic filing
Guest involvement initiatives
- Rooms are provided with waste bins and guests are encouraged to help by separating their waste into recyclable and general waste
- Guests are given an option not to have their toweling & linen changed daily
We are proud to be part of the green star initiatives and ensuring that we preserve environment for future generations.
Keep an eye out for the Green STAR logo and help put a smile on mother earth’s dial!